Once again, let's start by thanking all the parents who made the trip to RIT Saturday and supported our team. The sport of track & field isn't considered a spectator sport by many and you rarely see hordes of classmates cheering at a meet, but the people who do come to support a track team are those who care about our athletes the most. We notice and we thank you.
A special note of thanks to Jack Dodds and Christian Merzacco who, along with everyone else, pitched in at all the field events!
Last regular season meet: Brockport February 2. The Sectional "Tune-Up" meet.
We are entering the last week of regular season competition with our meet on Saturday, February 3, at Brockport. Meet time is (only) 2:30 - 6 pm. We will plan to leave BK at 1 pm. Meet information and order of events can be found in the handbook - see page 9 of the handbook for details. Practice and meet schedule can be found on the team page.
Entry limits for this meet are one individual event and one relay per athlete.
Preliminary entries have been made and can be found here. Please review these entries. Only the athletes who have met the competition standards have been entered at this time. Other entries may be possible and we will let you know if you've been entered.
Practice this week
We will practice Monday/Tuesday and Thursday/Friday this week (no Wednesday practice). Times are 3:15-5 pm.
Do we really have to say anything here? You all know the academic expectations of a BK track athlete. Classroom A-3 (Coach Russotti's room) will be open for quiet study every day starting at 2:46 pm. If you are in need of help with your school work, want extra time to study or do homework, this is the place to do it. See Coach Smith or Coach Russotti for extra help.
How's the team doing this year?
Glad you asked! Here are a few statistics to think about as we head into sectional competition...
The number of personal records (PR's) set this season: 72 (yes, that's a lot)
The number of team records set this season: 12
- Lauren Brumfied Provisional 55 meters
- Zoe Ferraro Provisional 600 meters (Section V #10 seed)
- Sam Dickson Provisional 600 meters
- Alicia Opett Provisional 1500 meters (Section V # 6 seed)
- Alicia Opett Automatic 3000 meters (Section V # 4 seed)
- Michelle Russotti Automatic Shot Put (Section V # 6 seed)
- Girls 4x200 relay (Boon, Dickson, Ferarro, Gonzalez, Brumfield) (Section V # 14 seed)
- Jahlique Johnson Automatic 55 meters (Section V # 2 seed)
- Jacai Sanders Provisional 55 meters
- Evan Stevely Provisional 55 meters
- Mark Valenti Provisional 55 meters
- Evan Stevely Automatic 300 meters (Section V #8 seed)
- Evan Stevely Automatic 600 meters (Section V #2 seed)
- Jahlique Johnson Automatic High Jump (Section V #1 seed)
- Ryan Lewis Provisional 3200 meters (Section V #11 seed)
- Jacai Sanders Automatic Long Jump (Section V # 5 seed)
- George Stanton Provisional Shot Put (Section V # 10 seed)
- Boys 4x200 relay (Sanders, Valenti, Stevely, Johnson) (Section V # 4 seed)